I enjoyed this story. A great deal. When it comes to economic reality, European socialists are fundamentally delusional. In fact, their opinions are often actively absurd. They simply don't understand that businesses will allocate capital to the locale of greatest prospective profitability. And they won't accept that in the 21st century, capital is inherently moveable. These are basic truths. But in rejecting them, Unions harm themselves and the rest of society. I've written many times about why I believe unions are bad news (a few examples below), but it's nice to hear a senior businessman so openly affirm that sentiment in public.
- In the service of their union masters, Democrats are waging war on the Middle Class
- Michigan's fight for the right to work
- Chicago Teacher Strike and Democratic subservience to the Unions
- Chavez, Castro and Stupidity of the European Left
- Socialism, Communism and the beauty of Capitalism